As a highly experienced, qualified and professional coach, I am a full member of the Association of Coaching and meet all their standards regarding qualifications, insurance, ethical standards and continuing professional development.
You can find out more about these standards here: https://www.associationforcoaching.com/general/custom.asp?page=AboutCodeEthics
I am also a Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and am a full member of the Association of NLP and abide by their code of ethics which is available here: https://anlp.org/anlp-members-code-of-ethics
Role of Coach
- To be part of an equal and supportive relationship.
- Ask questions to help the Coachee become more aware and move towards achieving their goals / aims.
- Maintain focus on the Coachee’s own experience, decision making and pace.
- Give honest feedback about what they observe and hear.
- Respectfully challenge where a divergence of values is perceived.
- The Coach will offer, explain and utilise helpful techniques / approaches / interventions with permission.
- Welcome and give open consideration to constructive challenge.
- Coach will maintain ethics & standards of behaviour set out by Association for Coaching Code of Ethics and the ANLP Code of Ethics.
- If Coachee is currently under the care of a mental health professional, Coach will recommend Coachee informs mental health care provider & Coachee may need a referral letter from health care provider.
Role of Coachee
- To identify Personal Goals / Needs and be committed to the coaching process and agreed actions.
- To be as honest and as open-minded as possible.
- To offer feedback to the Coach.
- Practice techniques between sessions where appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining own physical, mental & emotional well-being, decisions, actions & results.
- Coachee agrees that the Coach is not and will not be liable for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach.
- Coachee understands coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy, and that it does not prevent or cure any mental disorder or medical disease.
- Coachee understands coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals & will seek independent professional guidance for such matters.
- This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Coachee shares with the Coach as part of this relationship, is bound to confidentiality by the AC Code of Ethics, but is not considered a legally confidential relationship.
- The Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Coachee without the Coachee’s written consent.
- The Coach will not disclose the Coachee’s name without the Coachee’s consent.
- This doesn’t include information the Coach is required by law to disclose.
- Lou Laggan Coaching & Development is committed to safeguarding your personal information and complies with current data protection legislation including GDPR.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Coaching Sessions, Fees & Refunds
- Coaching sessions last between 60 and 90 minutes, depending upon the coaching program.
- Power up calls last between 15 and 30 minutes, depending upon the coaching program.
- 24 hours’ notice is respectfully requested for any cancellation. Each session may be rescheduled up to a maximum of THREE (3) times before it will be forfeited without refund. If the requisite notice isn’t provided and the appointment hasn’t been rescheduled, then a refund will not be available.
- If you are signing up for a program of coaching and are splitting the payments, then you are agreeing to make the stated monthly payment for the full duration of the coaching program. If you decide not to complete the program, then you are still obliged to complete the payments you have agreed to.
- Refunds are not available if you decide to cancel the program, unless otherwise stated.
- Refunds are not available for any work or meetings completed.
- Coaching Meetings will take place at Coach’s home or via Zoom.
Coaching with Lou Laggan Coaching is for personal and/or professional development and does not confer, constitute or provide any psychological, therapeutic or medical or legal advice. You are engaging in coaching freely and of your own volition. In the highly unlikely event that you experience any physical, emotional or psychological discomfort during the session, you will immediately desist and inform Lou Laggan.
Coaching is not to be considered as a substitute for medical and psychological examination, diagnosis, or treatment and in no way constitutes or should be construed as such. Any decisions you make having received this coaching are your own and you remain wholly responsible for any decisions and actions you take.
Copyright (c) 2020 Lou Laggan Coaching and Development
Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) Lou Laggan Coaching and Development owns and controls all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website and within our membership programs on other platforms;
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
(c) #BearWisdom is registered Trademark owned by Lou Laggan Coaching and Development and may not be used or reproduced without express permission.
Permission to use website
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use,
- providing that such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- stream audio and video files from our website using the media player on our website; and
- use our website services by means of a web browser,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
Except as expressly permitted by the points above or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes; you must not use our website for any other purposes.
Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
Notwithstanding this you may redistribute our newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to our website, to areas of our website and/or to functionality upon our website and any training material on other platforms. We may, for example, suspend access to the website during server maintenance or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on the website.
Misuse of website
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability, accessibility, integrity or security of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- hack or otherwise tamper with our website;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website without our permission;
- circumvent any authentication or security systems or processes on or relating to our website;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources (including bandwidth, storage capacity and processing capacity);
- decrypt or decipher any communications sent by or to our website without our permission;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- use our website except by means of our public interfaces;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website;
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing); or
- do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website.
- You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
The Coach does not make any guarantee express or implied. In no event will the Coach be liable to the Coachee for consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Coachee may incur, the Coach’s entire liability under this agreement, and the Coachee’s exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount paid by the Coachee to the Coach under this agreement.
In the unlikely event that you are ever unhappy with any aspect of our work, I would hope that you would raise it with me directly and allow me the opportunity to resolve it directly. If, for any reason, that isn’t possible, then you are able to access the following processes:
Association of Coaching: https://www.associationforcoaching.com/page/ACComplaintsProc